Fashion Design – is one of the directions of the School of Art at Kimyo International University in Tashkent. Nowadays Fashion Design is one of the most popular education programs which involves the training of future specialists in creative spheres as well as in light industry. The main spheres of performance of professional fashion designers are following:
- Creating new types of clothing, accessories and knitwear;
- Realization of creative ideas;
- Developing concepts of new ideas;
- Creating modern clothing types in accordance with functional and artistic aspects.
The educational program lasts 4 years (8 semesters). Theoretical and practical disciplines are divided into semesters and link between each other. During the education process students learn the principles of design, construction, creating fashion illustrations, designing fabrics, modelling and technological process of creating clothes, implementing projects and modeling using computer programs and others.
On successful completion of the program students are awarded the title of Professional Bachelor in Fashion Design (B.A.).
Creative exam consists of 2 tasks:
- University applicants are to pass the professional (creative) exam in the following disciplines: "drawing", "composition".
- The first task is to work on a still life for the discipline "drawing". The applicant must precisely analyze the plasticity of objects, take into account the environment in the process of placing a still life onto working surface, pay attention to the proportions of objects, to large and small three-dimensional images, bring them to a completely finished state based on the fine taste with attention to creative work. 160 minutes are allotted for this practical work.
- For the subject “composition”, the applicant chooses the task freely. Work is to be produced using watercolor, gouache, tempera, one of the acrylics.
The idea, content, essence of the composition are determined by the specifics of the specialty, finding a compositional solution in the subject basis, the degree of use of the means of drawing and color in artistic and ideological expression, the plasticity of solving forms and images, the perspective solution of the depth of the work in the compositional task, the expressive finding of the compositional center, the use of color in revealing the content and ideas of the subject, content, idea-thoughts in the composition, coverage of such issues as illumination and degree of completion is required.
On this professional (creative) exam, 160 minutes are allotted to complete a given topic in the subject “composition”.