It is clear that the foundations of a market economy are commodity-money relations, it can be said that “Finance” is important in macroeconomics with the formation and management of monetary relations, the promotion of efficiency, rational use of material, labor and financial resources. In the field of education “Finance” has considerable importance in a country. Moreover it is one of the high-demand subjects in higher education
Purpose of the program
The main goal of the program is to train professionals in the development and use of theoretical and practical knowledge acquired in different courses in the field of public finance, corporate finance and personal finance.
As well as:
- to provide students with knowledge of the theoretical, legal, organizational basis of finance and financial relations;
- to prepare students to become highly qualified economists, to develop skills and competencies in the main areas of current financial policy of the state;
- to develop students’ analytical and critical thinking skills so that they can find appropriate solutions to the current finance related issues in the economy;
- to encourage students to apply the acquired skills and knowledge in current practical activities;
- to develop the need for lifelong learning and personal development;
The Finance curriculum combines mathematics and business courses with finance. Students become familiar with classic and modern economic principles and theories. During the program, they study public and corporate finance. At the end of their studies, undergraduate students will be able to analyze financial statements of enterprises and work on research projects.
Mathematical foundation – 18 %
Finance related subjects – 52%
Economic subjects – 20%
Language and General subjects – 5%
Internship and bachelor thesis – 5%
Graduates can successfully work in public and private sectors as financier, financial manager, business analyst, CFO, business consultant, tax officer, and accountant.
With the bachelor’s degree in Finance, financiers are always in demand in several industries, including public agencies and private organizations. Financiers analyze the collected data and reports. According to the results they can allocate the budget efficiently, form the capital effectively, minimize the costs and maximize the profit. Moreover, they determine most profitable investment opportunities with the highest internal rate of returns.
Spheres of employment:
- Finance departments of state organizations, regulatory agencies, budget organizations, commercial organizations such, commercial banks, insurance companies, consulting agencies, brokerages and etc.
- Representative offices and dealerships of leading international and domestic companies to manage their financial resources;
- Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Economics, Tax Committee, tax offices, Regional Financial units and etc;
- The field of e-commerce;
- Research organizations, various public organizations and foundations.
Entrance exams in the direction of "Finance" are held in the form of testing in the subjects: mathematics and English. However, applicants with an IELTS certificate of at least 5.5 are exempted from taking the entrance exam in English and the maximum score in this subject will be inserted.
Also, after entering the university, “Finance” students will be able to choose the language of the form of study (English, Russian or Uzbek).