The major of “Banking” has a practical orientation, it provides professional knowledge in the field of organizing the activities of commercial banks, teaches future bankers and all those who are interested in relationships with banks and the basic rules of banking. The course of “Banking” sets out the basic terms, concepts, principles and methods of banking.
Purpose of the program
The main objective of the program is the formation of theoretical knowledge and the acquisition of practical skills in solving problems in the field of banking, as well as the acquisition of knowledge about the nature of credit institutions, the role of the central bank and commercial banks in the country's economy, the peculiarities of attracting and placing funds by commercial banks in modern conditions, the process of conducting banking operations, the specifics of the formation and use of bank profits, the basics of bank liquidity management, the essence and methods of leveling banking risks.
As well as:
- familiarizing students with the theoretical, legal, organizational foundations of banking;
- training of highly qualified economists, development of students' skills and competence in the main directions of the current financial policy of the country;
- developing students' analytical and critical thinking skills, in order to find optimal solutions to current financial problems in the economy;
- developing students' skills of practical application of the knowledge gained in current activities;
- developing the need for continuous learning and personal development.
In order to master the discipline, knowledge, abilities and skills which has been acquired in the study of the following disciplines are required: “Economic Theory”, “Microeconomics”, “Macroeconomics”, “Money, Credit, Banks”. Also, the knowledge, skills and abilities obtained during the study of the discipline are necessary for mastering the following disciplines: "Finance", "International Business", "Management".
Fundamentals of Mathematics - 18%
Finance - 52%
Economic disciplines - 20%
Language and general education subjects - 5%
Internship and qualifying (bachelor's) work - 5%
Completion of the course enables graduates to pursue successful professional activities in financial institutions of both the public and private sectors, in particular financial managers, financial officers and financial analysts of credit institutions.
Having a bachelor's degree in finance, these specialists are always in demand in many industries, including government organizations and private organizations. The necessary knowledge and skills in the banking sector open up additional opportunities in organizing banking activities, making decisions related to active, passive operations of banks, as well as in ensuring financial stability, the level of liquidity and profitability of the bank and reducing the level of risks in banking.
Spheres of employment:
- Central Bank, regional divisions of the Central Bank;
- State banks, Banks with joint foreign capital, Private banks, Banks with state participation in the capital;
- Investment banks, investment companies, investment intermediaries;
- Commercial banks, investment banks, mortgage banks;
- Credit unions, insurance companies, pension funds, leasing companies;
- Scientific research organizations, various public organizations and foundations.
Entrance exams in the direction of "Banking" are held in the form of testing in the subjects: mathematics and English. However, applicants with an IELTS certificate of at least 5.5 are exempted from taking the entrance exam in English and the maximum score in this subject will be inserted.
Also, after entering the university, “Banking” students will be able to choose the language of the form of study (English, Russian or Uzbek).